Whiskers are sensory organ – without those cats are disorientated and confused. They are actually environmental scanning tool, helping cats to pick up air movements even indoors, allowing them to “see” in the pitch black space. For blind cats, whiskers are their eyes. Cats with their whiskers cut can easily get stuck as they would misjudge the size of openings, they can have trouble running or they can fall due to inability to judge jumping distances. Therefore, trimming cat whiskers is an absolute no-no, although they have ability to re-grow… and this is exactly what I explained to Tommy’s guardian when I refused her request to trim cat’s
“moustaches”. Read More
Nail Clipping Service
Nail clipping comes complimentary with all other packages, but if you want your cat to have only its
nails trimmed without any other grooming performed, at Cat Studio you will be charged £10.
Healthy nails are important for cat’s health. Untrimmed nails can cause variety of problems,
including broken nails that are painful and can bleed; they tend to repeatedly get caught in a carpet
or your clothing which is very unpleasant for your cat. Most importantly, the nails can get overgrown
so much that they curl inwards and grow into the flesh of paw pads. I have once been called to trim
the severely ingrown nails. That cat’s pads were infected and bleeding, causing severe pain and
increasing likelihood of sepses. I advised the owners to take the cat to her veterinarian without
One day a man called asking about nail clipping charges for his beautiful Turkish Angora and when I told him that it would be £6, he asked me “Is that a price per paw?” I only stopped laughing after he explained that some pet grooming salon quoted him £8 per paw! Really! Read More
Benefits of Professional Cat Grooming
Those who have experienced getting out of the bed in the morning and stepping onto a slimy sausage-shaped lump of compact hair regurgitated by their cat will appreciate the importance of regular grooming in preventing the hairballs.Outdated beliefs that cats are naturally clean because they groom themselves or that they hate water by
default are disfavor to cats and their human companions. Cats do lick to keep their bodies cool and to remove debris and lose hair, but saliva is not soap and it won’t remove dirt or excess grease from cat’s coat. This even more applies to long haired breeds, overweight, older or cats with health problems.
Every cat owner should regularly brush their pet at home; however, bathing, mats removal and even thorough
paw or belly brushing is often best leaving to a professional.
Benefits to Cats:
- Regular professional grooming helps maintain skin and coat health, making your cat feel and look
- Groomer will check for any issues which could otherwise go unnoticed such as scratches, infections,skin problems or flees / ticks. If any irregularity noticed, a groomer should advise you to make an appointment with your vet
- The more hair you brush off, the less is swallowed by your cat
- Careful brushing can address tangles before they turn into mats
- Treating small mats can prevent coat pelting to the skin. Remember: pelted hair creates discomfort,sores, infections, and even death in cats!
Benefits to Owners:
- Get that favourite black top out of wardrobe: less cat hair floating around the house, landing on carpets or clothes… and visitors could finally relax when sitting down on your sofa when they notice that it is not covered in cat hair anymore…
- Keep allergic reactions under control: regular cat bathing and brushing can considerably reduce
dander, one of main airborne environmental allergens
- According to recent surveys around 60% of pet cats sleep with their owners. I am not here to talk of
“attachment pet parenting” but about those greyish cat-shaped smears on your crispy clean bedding.
Bathing your cat every 6-8 weeks keeps away the excess grease and dirt. As cats only grooming salon, Cat Studio is focused on wellbeing of your cat. My aim was to create a place where grooming is pleasant and pampering experience rather than a rushed procedure.